Owner Project No. 3-01-0039-017-2022
00 11 00
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed bids for Posey Field Airport Improvements, to be constructed for City of Haleyville will be received at the office of the City of Haleyville and addressed to the Office of the City Clerk, Haleyville City Hall, 911 21st Street, Haleyville, Alabama, 35565, until 10:00 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 30, 2022, at which time the bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud.
An Optional Pre-Bid Conference will be held at 10:00 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 23 at Posey Field, 721 County Road 51, Haleyville, AL 35565.
The Project consists of site preparation, existing pavement milling, airfield pavement paving, airfield pavement marking.
Bids will be received for a single prime contract consisting of a base bid and multiple add alternates. Bids shall be on a unit price basis, with additive alternate bid items as indicated in the Bid Form.
Physical copies of the bid documents are available at the offices of The Cassady Company for a fee of $200. Documents can be examined at the office of The Cassady Company, 4700 Highway 69 North, Northport, Alabama, 35473, or at the Haleyville City Hall, 911 21st St, Haleyville, Alabama, 35565.
Bids shall be accompanied by a bid security in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders. The successful Bidder must furnish Performance and Payment Bonds in accordance with the Contract Documents.
All Bidders shall make good faith efforts, as defined by Appendix A of 49 CFR Part 26, Regulations of the Office of the Secretary of Transportation, to subcontract a minimum of 6.36% of the dollar value of the prime contract to small business concerns owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals DBE).
Bidders must be appropriately licensed to perform work within the state of Alabama.
Federal Requirements for Federally Funded Projects. This Project is being partially funded under the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Improvement Program (AIP). Contractors must comply with specific federally required provisions as listed herein and contained in the contract documents. The following federal provisions are incorporated in this solicitation by reference:
• Buy American Preference (49 USC § 50101)
• Trade Restriction Certification (49 USC § 50104, 49 CFR part 30)
•Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (49 CFR part 26)
• Davis-Bacon Requirements (2 CFR § 200, Appendix II(D), 29 CFR Part 5)
• Procurement of Recovered Materials (2 CFR § 200.322, 40 CFR part 247, Solid Waste Disposal Act)
• Debarment and Suspension (2 CFR part 180 (Subpart C), 2 CFR part 1200, DOT Order 4200.5)
• Lobbying and Influencing Federal Employees (31 USC § 1352, 2 CFR part 200 Appendix II(J), 49 CFR part 20 Appendix A)
Affirmative Action Requirement.
1. The Bidder's attention is called to the “Equal Opportunity Clause” and the “Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract Specifications” set forth herein.
2. The goals and timetables for minority and female participation, expressed in percentage terms for the Contractor's aggregate workforce in each trade on all construction work in the covered area, are as follows:
Goals for minority participation for each trade: 20.7
Goals for female participation in each trade: 6.9%
These goals are applicable to all of the Contractor's construction work (whether or not it is Federal or federally assisted) performed in the covered area. If the Contractor performs construction work in a geographical area located outside of the covered area, it shall apply the goals established for such geographical area where the work is actually performed. With regard to this second area, the Contractor also is subject to the goals for both its federally involved and non-federally involved construction.
The Contractor's compliance with the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4 shall be based on its implementation of the Equal Opportunity Clause, specific affirmative action obligations required by the specifications set forth in 41 CFR 60-4.3(a) and its efforts to meet the goals. The hours of minority and female employment and training must be substantially uniform throughout the length of the contract, and in each trade, and the Contractor shall make a good faith effort to employ minorities and women evenly on each of its projects. The transfer of minority or female employees or trainees from Contractor to Contractor or from project to project for the sole purpose of meeting the Contractor's goals shall be a violation of the contract, the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4. Compliance with the goals will be measured against the total work hours performed.
3. The Contractor shall provide written notification to the Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) within 10 working days of award of any construction subcontract in excess of $10,000 at any tier for construction work under the contract resulting from this solicitation. The notification shall list the name, address, and telephone number of the subcontractor; employer identification number of the subcontractor; estimated dollar amount of the subcontract; estimated starting and completion dates of the subcontract; and the geographical area in which the subcontract is to be performed.
4. As used in this notice and in the contract resulting from this solicitation, the “covered area” is The City of Haleyville, Winston County, Alabama.
Civil Rights Title VI Assurance
The City of Haleyville, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 USC §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all Bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any Contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
Bids must remain in effect for 60 days after the bid opening date. Within 60 days from the bid date, the Owner may award the contract to the lowest responsive, responsible Bidder or reject any or all Bids for the Project.
The City of Haleyville reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, to waive irregularities in the Bids and bidding deemed to be in the best interests of the City of Haleyville, and to reject nonconforming, nonresponsive, or conditional bids.
Owner: City of Haleyville