NATURAL BRIDGE - It is the time of year for class reunions, and the Lynn High School Class of 1960 met for their 59th on Friday, May 10, at the Natural Bridge Town Hall and Community Center. The quiet gathering soon turned into a cry of fire when a passing motorist noticed smoke coming from the eaves of the building and alerted those inside.
At the time, nothing was noticed in the building, but when the class went outside, they could see the smoke.
“We were all gathered for our class reunion,” Linda Garrett said. “A young man from Alabama Power was going by, and he saw it. We came out and could see and smell it.”
The Lynn Volunteer Fire Department was called, and the fire was put out quickly, though it did leave some damage to the building.
Wiring was what was on fire, according to Wayne Horton, lieutenant with the LVFD. No official cause has been released as of press time Monday.
See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.